“To Catch a Dollar” Resources Page
RESULTS is a partner in the nationwide release of the documentary To Catch a Dollar: Muhammad Yunus Banks on America — many of you saw the preview at last summer’s International Conference. RESULTS is a national partner in the release of this film, and this is a ready-made outreach opportunity for your RESULTS group.
The March 31 screening was a great event and success, not only for raising awareness about U.S. poverty andmicrofinance, but also to engage others in the efforts to end poverty in the U.S. and around the world. At least thirty-two RESULTS groups actively engaged in promoting the film by inviting people, hosting tables, and making announcements at their local screenings. This film and follow-up campaign offer a chance to educate those interested in poverty and/or the work of Muhammad Yunus and microcredit.
Now that the nationwide screening has taken place, here are some resources and materials designed to help you with follow up and events going here forward:
Follow-up Actions After the
March 31 Screening
- Download and send our To Catch a Dollar press release to local media outlets (tailor the release for your group and community)
- Use these Follow up tips and sample script for follow-up calls to persons interested in RESULTS
- Read our RESULTS blog post and comments about the March 31 screening; please let us know Buy cialis generic how your local screening went by posting a comment to the blog
- Upcoming RESULTS events
- New Activist Orientation series beginning April 13
- To Catch a Dollar policy week, April 25-29 (see below)
- Attend To Catch a Dollar campaign events. This will consist of four intense weeks of online educational events and other activities, which will be marketed to all those who go to the film screenings. RESULTS is co-organizing the policy week with April 25–May 1, and will lead several webinars on advocacy training, innovative policies to create economic opportunities through asset building, and the potential impact of budget cuts on families living in cialis online cheap poverty. Here is the focus for each week in April (more details will be available both here and at www.tocatchadollar.com after March 31):
- April 4-8: Women in Poverty: Parallels between the United States and the World Partners (Partners: FITE/Dermalogica, Dress for Success)
- April 11-15: The Unbanked of America (Partner: Operation HOPE)
- April 18-22: Savings in America (Partners: Dress for Success and Operation HOPE)
- April 25-29: Microfinance and Policy Solutions that Invest in America’s Main Streets and Communities (Partners: RESULTS and Association for Enterprise Opportunity)
General Information about To Catch a Dollar
- To Catch a Dollar website
- Current listing of participating theaters
- February 12 RESULTS blog post on To Catch a Dollar, including film trailer
- March 9 RESULTS blog post about the
Below are materials and resources volunteers used for promotion and outreach at the screening. We will leave them up in case you want to use any of these
resources for follow-up activities.
Preparing for the Screening
- Screening checklist for groups doing outreach at To Catch a Dollar
- March Domestic Conference Call: Building a Movement for Policies That Help Low-Income Americans Build Assets with guest speaker Ted Richane of Cause & Effect
- March 15 In-Depth Media & Outreach Training for Release
of To Catch a Dollar
- RESULTS March Action Sheet and March 2011 Laser Talk, with talking points to help invite others to come to
a local screening.
- Sample script to recruit new volunteers at To Catch a Dollar events
Materials to Help Publicize the Screenings
- Instructions to create editable version of the movie poster in 8.5 x 11 and 11 x 17 to help with local outreach:
- Go to: www.dropbox.com
- username/email: email@example.com
- password: march31
- To Catch a Dollar promotional poster
- Press release about RESULTS’ involvement in the campaign — tailor it to include information about your local group.
- Announcement for newsletters (short and long version) (Word)
- Template letter-to-the-editor to submit to local papers. You can also also submit an LTE right through our website: http://www.capwiz.com/results/issues/alert/?alertid=11847341.
- Media advisory you can tailor to send to local papers (Word)
Materials to Have at the Screening
- RESULTS 4-Panel Brochure (PDF). Contact the RESULTS office to get professionally printed copies.
- 2011 Outreach Brochure (in MS Word so you can print and personalize for your group)
- Saver’s Bonus Outreach Action Sheet
- Saver’s Bonus Fact Sheet NEW!
- March 2011 Call-In Flyer on Head Start and Child Care Cuts
- “30 Years of RESULTS” fact sheet (PDF)
- Printable version of the RESULTS 30th Anniversary Brochure
- “A Beggar, a Thief, and 100 Million More” microfinance flyer (PDF)
- RESULTS Event Sign-in Sheet
- Notice of the next local RESULTS meeting half-sheet flyer